Clinical Trial VICCNEU13107
A Phase II Study of Rindopepimut/GM-CSF in Patients with Relapsed EGFRvIII-Positive Glioblastoma
- Protocol No. VICCNEU13107
- Open Date: 06/13/2014
- Staging: Phase II
- Age Group: Adults
- Scope: National
- Objective: - Groups 1 and 2: Evaluate the antitumor activity of rindopepimut in adult patients with relapsed glioblastoma, as measured by the progression-free survival rate at 6 months post-Day 1 (PFS6). - Group 2C: Evaluate the anti-tumor activity of rindopepimut in adult patients with relapsed glioblastoma, as measured by the objective response rate (ORR) for patients with measurable disease at study entry.
- Disease Sites: Neuro-Oncology
- Therapies: Molecular Targeted Agents / Immunotherapy / Biologics
- Drugs: Avastin; Bevacizumab; GM-CSF; KLH; Rindopepimut
- Participating Institutions: Vanderbilt University
- National Clinical Trial ID: NCT01498328
- Secondary Protocol No: CDX110-06
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Both|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
Among other criteria, patients must meet the following conditions to be eligible for the study:
1. Age ≥18 years of age.
2. Histologic diagnosis of glioblastoma (WHO Grade IV).
3. Documented EGFRvlll positive tumor status (central lab confirmation).
4. First or second relapse of de novo glioblastoma or first diagnosis or first relapse of secondary glioblastoma.
5. Previous treatment must include surgery, conventional radiation therapy and temozolomide (TMZ).
6. Screening MRI must be obtained at least 4 weeks after any salvage surgery, and at least 12 weeks after radiation therapy.
7. KPS of ≥ 70%.
8. If applicable, systemic corticosteroid therapy must be at a dose of ≤ 4 mg of dexamethasone or equivalent per day during the week prior to Day 1.
9. Evaluable disease in Groups 1 and 2; measurable disease in Group 2C
10. Life expectancy > 12 weeks.
11. Patients in Group 2 and 2C must have had disease progression while receiving bevacizumab or within 2 months of treatment with bevacizumab.
Among other criteria, patients who meet the following conditions are NOT eligible for the study:
1. Subjects unable to undergo an MRI with contrast.
2. History, presence, or suspicion of metastatic disease
3. Prior receipt of vaccination against EGFRvIII.
4. Any known contraindications to receipt of study drugs, including known allergy or hypersensitivity to keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH), GM-CSF (sargramostim; LEUKINE®), polysorbate 80 or yeast derived products, or a history of anaphylactic reactions to shellfish proteins.
5. Use of non-protein based investigational therapy within 14 days prior to Day 1 or use of antibody-based investigational therapy within 28 days prior to Day 1.
6. Clinically significant increased intracranial pressure (e.g., impending herniation), uncontrolled seizures, or requirement for immediate palliative treatment
7. Evidence of recent hemorrhage on screening MRI of the brain
8. Evidence of current drug or alcohol abuse.
9. Patients in Group 1 must not have received prior treatment with bevacizumab.